The Elkhart County COVID-19 Information Line is available and answered by a live person. They are Elkhart County’s trusted source of accurate information. If they do not know the answer, you will be given a resource. This is an INFORMATION ONLY line. We are NOT a source for a test authorization. The phone number for the Information Line is 574-523-2106. Calls will be accepted Monday thru Saturday 8 am to 10 pm.
As we have said many times and will continue to say, the best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including COVID-19 is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing (no group functions such as book clubs, meetings, and or congregations of 10 or more)
- Stay home unless you need to go somewhere.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to provide updates as changes occur. Please follow our Facebook page at Elkhart County Health Department Health Education Division www.facebook.com/healtheducation.echd, www.elkhartcountyhealth.org, or go to the Indiana State Department of Health’s website at www.isdh.in.gov/coronavirus for up-to-date information on COVID-19.