ECSD Explorers program
Law Enforcement career exploring is open to young men and women ages 14 (and completed the 8th grade) through 19 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of Law Enforcement.
Law Enforcement Exploring provides educational training programs for young adults on the purposes, mission, and objectives of law enforcement. The program provides career orientation experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within law enforcement and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities and the nation.
Law Enforcement Exploring combines some classroom training with Ride-Alongs in police vehicles, handgun shooting, community policing and much more…
You will develop:
- Leadership Skills
- Respect for police officers & explorers
- New personal skills
- Law Enforcement Protocols
You will learn:
- Accident scene procedures
- Bomb threat response
- Proper equipment usage
You will have an opportunity to participate in
- Ride-alongs (must be 18)
- National events and competitions
- Community service
You will have an opportunity to network with
- Explorers accross the USA
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Federal Agencies
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Law Enforcement and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Law Enforcement
Law Enforcement Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting "hands-on" career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College and Career readiness preparation
- Team building
When do meetings take place?
The post officially meets on the first and third Mondays of the month and will typically last from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
The Law Enforcement Career Exploring program is very affordable with participation fees only costing $24.00 per year. Special activities, events, leadership academies and conferences may cost more but we will utilize fundraising to attempt to offset the additional costs.
- Must be between the ages of 14 (and completed the 8th grade) and 19
- Maintain a "C" average during school
- Pass background check (no serious law violations)
- Be of good character
- Have a serious interest in law enforcement or corrections
- Pass a drug test