The Administrative Services Division is the center for dissemination of information. This division is responsible for:
- Recruitment and hiring
- Storing and releasing criminal and crash records
- Processing gun permits
- Fingerprinting for various reasons including registered nurses, realty licenses, etc.
- Administering sex or violent offender registration updates
- Handling the civil responsibilities on court process and income tax warrants
- Processing and conducting Sheriff’s Sales for foreclosed properties
- Processing bond information to send to the court
- Sorting incoming mail for the Administration building
- HR responsibilities such as keeping track of employee raises and other pay issues, processing family medical leave time and light duty time
- Updating and maintaining the Elkhart County Sheriff's Office website and social media outlets
- Releasing media information to the public
Captain Michael Culp, Administrative Services Division
Captain Michael Culp started his career in law enforcement as a patrol officer with the Elkhart County Sheriff's Office in 2004, following his graduation from the Indiana Police Corps. In 2007, he was promoted to Patrol Corporal and in 2008, Patrol Sergeant. In 2011, he was promoted to Patrol Captain and transferred to Administrative Services Captain in 2019. He attained a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology from Ball State University and is a Police Executive Leadership Academy graduate. Captain Culp previously served on the Emergency Services Unit as a precision marksman team leader and unit commander. Currently, he serves as a firearms instructor and is the grant coordinator for the Elkhart County Traffic Safety Partnership.